Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Guess the MYSTERY FW resin kit and MYSTERY Cleaning Solution!

The title says it all, dear readers. Yours truly got a hold of his first Forge World order barely SEVEN days after the order was made. Wow... and to think that some people have to wait months for theirs. It was a fast shipment but without a few "oopsies" on behalf of Forge World which I have e-mailed them about.

So.. what's up with the guessing thing, you may ask.. Well, I dunked them all in soapy water and scrubbed them with a brush to get rid of the shiny crap that was stuck on them but there still are some remnants of the sliminess.
It was time to try something.. more epic. What's the resin kit and what mystery solution that I'm using, lads? Lets see if you can guess. First to get both answers right gets a shout out and a cookie!

And here's the image:
*Jeopardy theme music*

13 comments:

  1. Ork Kommando kit, and what looks like oven cleaner.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know which kit it is but it's going to be tasty after marinating in all that soy sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Spy_Smasher - That WOULD be tasty. Nothing better than some sauteed mushrooms with some sou sauce vinaigrette, eh? But you are WRONG!

    @Dylangould: These boyz would rather drown in their own piss than swim in Coca Cola.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Spy_Smasher: Soy sauce was my guess too... but since that's wrong, I'm gonna go with vinegar (obviously not the clear kind)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Defo the Ork Kommando kit, can I try Dr. Pepper?

    ReplyDelete
  6. AND WE HAVE A WINNER! Congratumalations, Andy - bG! Dr. Pepper it IS! I actually just called the manager of my local GW to see if he could guess WITHOUT a picture and he just said "Oh, you're washing them with Dr Pepper." And I was like "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat.... You're good". Dr Pepper is like the best thing to clean resin mold residue with, because it is one of the soda pops with the highest acidity, etc. etc. So yeah.. Good job, man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers, I just tried to think "what is the nastiest fizzy drink out there" and it popped into my head :D

    Very interested to see how they come out, and glad you posted this as I got myself the Wolf Dreadnought from Warhammer World at the weekend and will need to do the same myself, Dr Pepper will now have to be bought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, if they're stilly slimy/sticky after a wash, there's a good chance that the resin didn't set properly. This prevents pretty much any paint primer from sticking, regardless of how they're cleaned. Forgeworld acknowledges that this happens, and willingly replaces them if it is the case.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that Ork soaking in Jagermeister?

    ReplyDelete
  10. damn. just read the Dr.Pepper comment. I was too excited thinking that he might be soaking in the proverbial huntermaster itself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @RevTibe - it is not easily visible or very sticky. It's just... weird.. and only on a few spots. Hopefully the good ole Dr Pepper (did you know that there is NO dot after "Dr"?).

    @Hehe, Brian. I suppose I does look like these Ork Kommandos have substituted their stikkbombs for some Jagerbombs, huh? But.. no way. Jagermeister makes my insides churn like a Nurgling with diarrhea.

    ReplyDelete

You think you have something to say? You Shall Show no Fear of expressing your thoughts. The Inquisition can't.. =][= PURGED =][=