Friday, February 18, 2011

I have always depended on the kindness of str-WAAAAAAAAAAAGH! Punting a Stompa!

It has begun.
Ohhhhhh yeaaaah..

If you remember my excitement when the new Orcs and Goblin were announced, then you probably already know what this post is going to be about allll about. Greenskins, baby. Why? Cuz green iz best. But don't let the Thunderwolves hear ya.. But before I continue with my posting, I need to thank someone, even though his evil and sinister person would rather stay modest and humble:

This Savage WAAAAAAAAAGH wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the very kind, sudden and unsuspected support from and old, distant but not forgotten friend from the Land Down Under, someone who I met in my childhood days way back then in the good ole Bulgaria. His donation is what finally sealed the deal with the Orcs and Goblins. Thank you, Lord Zdrachnik for the generosity. One day I will repay my debt to you, hopefully before I decide to fly down there and persuade you to go koala hunting with me.

Da Poop Stompa
You're probably curious about the "Punting a Stompa!" bit from today's article, eh? See this shitty looking abomination of scrap? A long time ago I had it soaking in a bucket of Simple Green, because its previous owner decided to spray it random colors without even priming it. Yep. And he used super glue to build it. I felt sorry for it and at the time it felt like a good investment, so I traded 40 Sakven Clanrats that I had gotten as a gift for it with hopes of fixing it up and makin' it proppa. Yeah... that never happened. Besides, I already have a Stompa that needs to be primed and painted.. So now this ugly pile of badly painted plastic is in the hands of a capable young man who wants to make it the centerpiece for his Armies on Parade.


Currently it is supposed to become da Outhouse Stompa of a very prominent and creative big Mek. Sounds good to me.. I got the new Orcs and Goblins Army Book in exchange for it and that makes me happy! Plus we dared the Stompa's new owner to kick it outside of the store since it was going to be used for pretty much scrap.. And he did it. There's something about seeing a $100 superglued model fall on the ground after being kicked and then exploding into dozens of plastic shrapnel.. It's so.. Orky!

Today I pre-ordered some of the "army essentials" and Throne I cannot way to open them...... after Adepticon 2011 is over. What did I get? x3 boxes of Savage Orc Boyz, x1 box of Savage Orc Boar Boyz and the new and shiny hardcover Orcs and Goblins Army Book. I know I will need a lot of Savage Orc Boyz if I want to make this work, and surprisingly enough they scale with points very, very well. A unit of 25 Savage Orc Boyz with 2 hand weapons, full command, a Big 'Un and a Big Stabba will run you ~280 points. Very killy indeed. Two such units in 1,000 pts? I fink so, Boss!

- Adding a Savage Orc Big Boss on a Boar at some point. I want to make the model really scary looking and will use the obsidian blades that come inside the Savage Orc Boyz box to either add to the tusks of the Boar or completely replace them.
- I NEED a Battle Standard for the army to make da Boyz listen more and froth from the mouths less. 
- A Savage Orc Shaman for sure. Later will give him the Lucky Shrunken Head which improves the Ward save from Warpaint to 5+ in a unit of Savage Orcs. Not bad, not bad at all.
- A Giant with a Warpaint upgrade. If you have at least one Savage Orc Shaman you can pay 20 pts. to give one Giant in your army a 6+ ward save.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You think you have something to say? You Shall Show no Fear of expressing your thoughts. The Inquisition can't.. =][= PURGED =][=