Golden power comb-wielding Blood Angel jokes aside, I've been nominated for a Stylish blogger Award by Gotthammer from the blog of titanic proportions - Collegia Titanica. Am I the only know who makes a stereotypical Italian gesture and pronounces the whole thing just like the Godfather would have if he were into giant fighting robots?
Thanks, Gotthammer. It is always nice to hear something good about Wolves for the Wolf God from time to time, especially since you took your time to give props to some relatively newer and less known bloggers.
1. Thank and link back to the person giving you the award
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Select 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
So.. Seven things about Skarvald the Troll-faced?
1. Warhammer 40,000 is the only sci-fi setting that I like. That's it. I followed Star Trek when I was younger, saw Star Wars whenever it was on the TV plus I had some knock-off toys from the franchise, I love imitating the cool phrases from the various Star Craft units... but I never became a true fan of any of the "Star"s. Never liked Halo. Or giant fighting robots. Didn't like Voltron, Gundams and was meh about Transformers, although Beast Wars was pretty fucking cool. I don't care about light sabers, replicas of Clingon blades or similar crap like that. I guess 40k got things right... not immediately, but eventually..
2. I am afraid of spiders. I hate the stupid things and like to punch them with the burning passion of the motherfucking Fist of the motherfucking North Star. I guess you could say that my hate for them is like a trukk, Berserker. I absolutely refuse to ever field an Arachnarok Spider with my Orcs and Goblins, can't fall asleep if I know that there's a creepy crawly in my room. I actually still have a Facebook Note that I sometimes update with a date/description of my spider frags. My biggest achievement so far is killing a spider that was carrying her offspring on her back. Remember this shit? Yeah, it was fucked up.
3. I've shook the hand of Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - the de facto Tsar of Bulgaria the last surviving person to bear the title of Tsar in the world. It was during his political (and successful) tour throughout the country in his attempt to become the Prime Minister of Bulgaria.
4. I love eating new things even if it's something gross and weird. I often say I'll try everything at least once and I always, always clean my plates. Some of the weirder things I've had so far are: raw marinated bear meat, cooked maggots, kangaroo steak, ostrich burger, jellyfish salad, snake and many more. But it's not like I only like and crave bizarre foods - I also love a good burger and ethnic cuisines. Recently I've been sampling all kinds of beers... ever since I turned 21.
5. Diablo 2 used to be my life. Literally spent a huge chunk of my childhood wandering from internet cafe to internet club (some miles away from my house) in order to spend my daily allowance of 50 stotinki (that's like a quarter in USD) to play Diablo 2 for half an hour a day. And then I'd hang out and watch my friends playing Diablo 2.. I knew everything there was to the game and could tell if a gem dropped mid-drop. Used to play it over at my friend's house before and after school, because my PC at the time couldn't handle the game. That was during the reign of dial-up connections, my friends. By playing Diablo I also got my first nickname (it never got around, but I liked it) - The Little Diablo. When one Internet Club closed down because of bankruptcy, I'd find a new one and start over. Everyone did it.
6. I think that all sports are rubbish, mainly because I cannot see how someone kicking or throwing a ball deserves more money than a neurosurgeon gets annually. Also it's sad to see people throw their lives away trying to be like their "idol spot star". However, if I were to name my favorite sport it would be sumo wrestling. Even thought it is corrupt (just like any sport out there, sadly) I just love the link between religion and sport.
7. I can't ride a bike or drive a car.
So.. nominations for the Stylish Award go to..
A Gentleman's Ones - Brian is a bright beacon of light in the grim darkness of the far future. Tons of Special Operations Killzone, amazing terrain-building skills and lots of painted models from a busy, busy man.
Wargamer to the Core - An ex and future Adepticon Team Tournament teammate, "Frozencore" Joe IS pretty much the man who got me into the hobby and even though he needs to update his blog more frequently, his few posts are well worth the time.
TrueMiniWargamer.Com - A fellow Space Wolf player who was crazy enough to send me the awesome Space Wolf backpack (the one with the wolf heads) for my Skarvald model. ALL THE WAY FROM MALTA! And which I immediately misplaced somewhere... Still haven't found it, my friend. ;(
Chicago Kamikazes - A brand spankin' new 40k club of some local gamers featuring the 2011 AWC Champion, Brian Carlson (from Brian Carlson Miniatures, nonetheless!) and a bunch of other cool dudes who think they are too good to add me to their roster. They've got some pretty competitive ideas a-brewin'. I can smell it from here.
Tentakel Games - A fancy blog with tons of cool conversions and painted models to look at.
Troll Tales - My go-to place for any Orcs and Goblins tips and tricks. Such a lovely blog full of greenskin love.
There a lot more, but some of them already have their Stylish awards. ;P