Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Deathwatch Sergeant WIP




I did a bit of highlight last night and this morning. I am targeting just one model so far, just so I can get an idea of the brightness of a finished model so I can tweak it on the first one before I get halfway done with all of them. He isn't done yet, but I am starting to get an idea of where it is going. The splashes of color on black are nice, but the bases definitely need something to make the dark model stand out more. Maybe make it brighter/browner/golder? I will try some finagling and see what happens.

It is sure a change from this yesterday:
The highlighting makes a huge difference.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good. I'm particularly taken with that sword. Brilliant stuff.

    With regard to the bases, how about something like a just a tiny peek of some larger lettering or worn alarm striping etc in beat-up and dulled yellow (or red to pick up the tones from his gun)? It's a thought, but it might help make the contrast rather stark.

    Again, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

You think you have something to say? You Shall Show no Fear of expressing your thoughts. The Inquisition can't.. =][= PURGED =][=