Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New 011.M3! Now release Imperial Armour XI already!

Happy New Year, guys! According to the Chinese, it is to be the Year of the Metal Rabbit! It is also the International Year of Forest and the International Year of Chemistry.
Here's for yet another year to enjoy and cherish before Quetzalcoatl comes and destroys our polluted, overpopulated planet Earth. So that means - yet another year of being a happy manchild who gets to play with toy soldiers. Hmmm.. Sounds good to me!
Who knows what the new year will bring us? All we have are rumors, but they are always good enough in my book, because speculation is part of the whole gaming experience for me.. So lets see what the new year is bringing us..

January - Skaven second wave!
February - Blood Angels second wave
March - New Warhammer Fantasy Orcs and Goblins Army Book and new models.
April - Adepticon 2011!
??? - Grey Knights
??? - Necrons
??? - Tau Empire

There have been rumors for Necrons in April, even Tau in October. Who knows?
Tomb Kings will probably be the next Warhammer Fantasy army to get a new Army Book.

And here's the book that every Space Wolves player is waiting for:
Imperial Armour 11. We don't know for sure if it will come out this year, but it probably will..
All I care about are the Space Wolves in the book. New characters, new vehicles, new upgrade kits and finally some unique Space Wolves Apocalypse Formations! Which Great Company will be featured? Will Forge World make some sick-looking Thunderwolf models or does Games Workshop insist on making them in plastic?

Personally I would love to see a Formation that features Thunderwolves - I've been trying to come up with something cool, but I always fail to do so..
A new Space Wolves Land Raider variant? I really want to see a vehicle that can shoot harpoons at people. Maybe a version of the Magna Grapple?
Resin Wolf Guard in Power Armour?
A really cool resin Rune Priest?

Also, I am really hoping that Games Workshop will release new Goblin Wolf Riders for the Orcs and Goblins Army Book. Something that doesn't have only one pose and that looks intimidating.. Something that we can finally use as Fenrisian wolves...

What are you wishing for this year? What would you like to see as a product? What new armies are you thinking of starting?

4 comments:

  1. Well, with respect to Space Wolves, I'm just wishing for generic Rune Priests and Wolf Priests, because we simply don't have them at the moment. I was also hoping to see some Fenrisian Wolves - maybe something a bit different looking to normal wolves. Other that I hope Imperial Armour 11 makes 2011 another year for the Space Wolves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean we don't have generic looking Rune Priests, Night Runner? :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be happy with anything really. Although, I hope Thunderwolves ARE NOT done by Forgeworld. I'd prefer plastic as it'd be cheaper and sturdier. Regardless, I just want some official models released already. Its been a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. March for O&G eh... I'm supposed to be painting a lot of things, but it'll be hard not trying to finally get 1500 or more points of O&G on the table. I have over a 1000 points painted, but the rules keep changing and I need to base two of my three big units still.

    ReplyDelete

You think you have something to say? You Shall Show no Fear of expressing your thoughts. The Inquisition can't.. =][= PURGED =][=