Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Da Speshul 'Eadz!

See what I did thar? ;P This is my unit of (for now) Savage Orc Big 'Uns, although I have yet to use them as their bigger equivalent in an actual game. The Big Stabba is there just because it looks so friggin' cool and just in case I run into something bigger and nastier than my warpaint-covered brawlers. They will be led by a Savage Orc Great Shaman with the Lucky Shrunken Head for a 5+ warpaint ward save and there will possibly be a Black Orc BSB which will be using a Savage Orc model!I'm really likin' the unit champion guy in the middle - he looks scary and killy enuff!

NB#1: This may sound VERY stupid, but I don't know if it was just me, my luck, the humidity, the way the planets were aligned or the plastic glue I was using but.. I had to pin every hand to every arm! First of all, the weapons these guys are carrying are 'uuuuge and 'eavy and there's no way they are going to stay in one place while you are gluing them. Gravity simply doesn't work that way, which suck. That, and for some reason my plastic glue (New GW bottle, which I think is pretty sweet!) was taking forever to dry/glue ONLY on the Savage Orcs.. It was incredibly frustrating and I'm really now looking forward to repeating this process on ~30 more guys. 
NB#2: The various weapons make fitting these guys on the movement tray a pain in the ass, which is why I have numbered them and will take advantage of regimental bases in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You think you have something to say? You Shall Show no Fear of expressing your thoughts. The Inquisition can't.. =][= PURGED =][=